We Seventh Day Adventists in Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, being part of the world wide Seventh Day Adventist; constrained by the love of Jesus Christ (2Corintians 5:14): recognize the need to live according to our calling as a chosen race, the kings priests a holy nation. Gods own chosen to proclaim the wonderful works of God ….1 Peter 2:9 and to proclaim the everlasting gospel(Revelation 14:6-12) within and without the said university.
Realizing the need to be in habit of meeting together and encouraging one another, (Hebrews 10:25) and there by striving to hold together all the brethren within the fold and with other brothers and sisters of our faith.
Noting the importance of sharing the faith we profess in and around the world keeping in touch with them whenever and wherever possible. And finally to further the cause of the gospel and the entire Adventist commission (Mathew 28:19-20) by rendering all our talent thereof. We do therefore take the responsibility to share and to proclaim the faith we profess and possess and obey the gospel commission of our lord Jesus Christ.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
1. To promote activities which encourage fidelity, delegacy and excellence in spiritual, academic and extracurricular activities? 2. To seek and to reach others who have wandered away from the faith and those who have not heard the Adventist message through public evangelistic campaigns. 3. To nurture and to promote the spirit of togetherness and mutual understanding and concern among members to intercede between themselves and with the university and the seventh day Adventist church at large. 4. To generally do such lawful things that are consistent with the doctrines and beliefs of the seventh day Adventist church and the legal ethical order of the university and the state and which may appear to be incidental or necessary for the entrainment of the above objectives or any of them. 5. To prepare gods people for the works of service (Ephesians 4:11, 12) through their talents and gifts by developing in them leadership skills e.g. through the church officers, leadership training in workshops.
1. Preaching; Accepting Christ’s commission as given in Matthew 28: 18-20, we proclaim to all the world in these last days, the everlasting gospel of God’s love most fully revealed in His son’s life ministry, atoning death, resurrection and high priestly ministry.
Recognizing the Bible to be God’s infallible revelation of His will, we present its full message, including Second Advent of Christ and the continuing authority of His Ten Commandment Law with its reminder of the Seventh day Sabbath.
2. Teaching; acknowledging that the development of mind and character is essential to God’s redemptive plan, we promote the growth of a mature understanding of and relationship to God, His Word and the created universe.
3. Healing: Affirming the Biblical principles of the wellbeing of the whole person i.e. physical, mental and spiritual, we make the preservation of health and healing of the sick a priority with the creator in His compassionate work of restoration.
4. Discipling: Affirming the continued spiritual growth and development of all members, we nurture the newly converted, instruct them in righteous living, training them for effective witness and encourage their responsible obedience to God’s will.
The mission of the Seventh Day Adventist Church is to make disciples of all people, communicating the everlasting gospel in the context of the three angels messages of Revelation 14:6-12, leading them to accept Jesus as personal Savior and unite His remnant church, discipling them to serve Him as Lord and preparing them for His soon second coming.